D*I*Y Planner 3.0 (Classic/A5 Edition)
Welcome to D*I*Y Planner 3.0 (Classic/A5 Edition), a set of free do-it-yourself templates, covers, documentation and other gear for creating your own highly customised paper planner system. A year in the making, this new version includes nearly 200 pages of forms covering life management, calendars, project planning, note-taking, health, finance, and even creative uses like writing, storyboards, and web design. With some basic supplies, the handbook, and a little elbow grease, you can create an ideal low-cost productivity system that meets almost every need.
This release is formatted for both Classic (5.5"x8.5", half letter-size) and A5 sizes. (For those interested, a Hipster PDA version is slated for late March.)
Some highlights of version 3.0:
- Inspired by David Allen's Getting Things Done, but flexible enough to be used for almost any productivity method, including almost any of your own devising. Reference charts are included for GTD, including one specially designed for the D*I*Y Planner.
- A core package which includes nearly 100 pages of forms, formatted for both odd and even pages, covering everything from action lists to project management to contact information to finances.
- Dozens of variations on daily, weekly and monthly calendars, including both Sunday-Saturday weeks (as used in North America) and Monday-Sunday weeks (as used in Europe and elsewhere). No matter how you want to track your time, there's probably a suitable form here. Dated monthly and yearly calendars are also included.
- A creativity package for writers, artists, web designers and other creative types. Other packages cover note-taking and health & fitness.
- A number of very flexible forms for tables, sketches, lists, and almost anything else you'd need to record and track.
- A number of pre-built covers, along with do-it-yourself templates in OpenOffice.org 2 format for creating your own personalised ones.
- A more professional, consistent and streamlined look and feel than previous versions.
- A detailed handbook covering basic supplies, planner options, template descriptions, printing instructions, productivity advice, and notes on setting up your own ideal planner system. A quick-start Beginner's Guide is also available.
- Tired of wasting tonnes of paper trying to get your printer settings just right? Enter the FrankenForm, a special template for testing and tweaking your setup for optimal output.
Find this kit useful? Consider making a small donation to support this project. The button below will allow you to use a credit card or PayPal account to send us whatever sum you think appropriate for the product; we appreciate all support, no matter how much or how little.
Please note that, owing to the vastly increased size of the system, we have split it up into a number of specialised packages. As each one is improved or added to, we will update that package separately. (Stay tuned to the home page for all updates.)
All files are available in both Classic format (5.5"x8.5", half letter-size) and international A5 format. Please click on the right format for your country. (If you're not sure, you probably want Classic.)
- Core Package : Classic, A5, Classic 2-Up, A5 2-Up
- Calendar : Classic, A5. Note: This package has a number of non-dated calendar pages as well as the 2007 monthlies, but if you want new dated calendars, please see ygor's amazing Dynamic D*I*Y Planner Templates for the ability to generate your own with multiple page sizes, margins and date ranges.
- Creativity : Classic, A5, Classic 2-Up, A5 2-Up
- Notes : Classic, A5, Classic 2-Up, A5 2-Up
- Health : Classic, A5, Classic 2-Up, A5 2-Up
- Covers : Classic, A5
- GTD Reference : Classic, A5, Classic 2-Up, A5 2-Up
- Receipts Envelope : Classic (to print on letter-size), A5 (to print on A4)
- FrankenForm (Printer Test) : Classic, A5, Classic 2-Up, A5 2-Up
The packages are released under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No-Derivatives license, which means that they are free for personal and non-commercial use. "Getting Things Done" and its related concepts are copyright David Allen, All Rights Reserved.
My deepest thanks and appreciation go out to all you dear folks in the DIYPlanner community who have contributed so many top-notch suggestions, bits of advice, snatches of inspiration, and the occasional (well-meaning) boot to the head. Please see the Production Team credits for the million monkeys at work, and be sure to visit our good friend, illustrator Brad Reid, who contributed the wonderful "do no evil" illustration above for our snazzy new cover. Nate Howland deserves our appreciation for once more going above and beyond the call of duty by providing us with the 2-Up versions. And, of course, we have to be sure to mention Mr. David Allen, whose book was the inspiration for this project: a deep and heartfelt thank-you from all of us who have discovered newfound productivity because of you.