News & Opinion Survey: The Dynamic Templates: What's Next
I would like to move on to the next "evolutionary step" in this project, but I do not want to leave any huge holes or problems -- little ones are OK :)
I want, here, to do two things.
- First is to ask if there are any outstanding complaints about the Dynamic Templates as they are now.
- Are they doing what they are supposed to ?
- Are they doing anything they are not supposed to ?
- Second, I want to describe where I am going with it.
- The first thing I plan to do is combine all the little applications into a single Dynamic Template application. I have been having problems keeping all the separate little apps properly updated. When one changes, more often than not, all need to change and that is a pain. Better to roll everything together.
- Once I get all the current pages bundled into one application, I will be doing format variations and additional templates
I really enjoy this work with the Dynamic Templates. It is an enjoyable intellectual challenge for my software development skills and I know that what I am doing is helping out a lot of folks "out there".
If you have a problem, complaint, or request, please tell me. But also remember that I am one person, with a full time job that takes up at least 40 hours per week (more with commute) and a family that I dearly love that takes up a lot of my time as well.
I will do the best I can with the time I have to invest here, but remember the name of the site:
Just like the "give a man a fish/teach a man to fish" proverb. There are lots of great "fishing instructors" here. All you have to do it open your mind a bit.